Thursday, November 6, 2008

NOT a morning person

I am so not a morning person. Why, why, why are cardi's so often shown first thing? Granted, the dogs don't seem to have any issue at all with mornings. I get up and stagger to the door, they get up bouncing, leaping and talking all the way. Of course part of my staggering may have to do with the fact that the 2 puppies just do not understand that leaping at my butt, crashing into the back of my legs, and tripping me does not get the door opened faster.

Peace is entered into her first show soon. And of course both days the ring time is 8. But I guess its easier to stagger around the breed ring than that first agility run of the day! (We rarely if ever Q that first run- I count it as a success if I find all the obstacles!)

Have a good morning everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you, I'm not a morning person either, when I showed Shorthairs they were almost always at 8am and a GSP in the early morning is a WILD thing. Of course not being a morning person either I am always surprised when my hobbies wake me up so early.

Sherilyn said...

I totally agree...I took a look at the Judging Program and thought, "Oh, right, that's just not good! 4 dogs to groom and we show at 8am? Yuck!" At least the Pemmie doesn't show til a little later. Rus better stop and get our coffee on the way to the show or I won't have my eyes open while I groom! LOL I don't do mornings!

See you there,
Sherilyn

Anonymous said...

At the Oklahoma City cluster last summer, the sponsoring clubs brought in boxes of Starbuck's coffee and quarts of real half and half, along with donuts. It was the only way the exhibitors survived the early morning start times. There were a lot of grateful exhibitors wandering around.

Traci said...

There's definitely pros and cons to early showing.... pro: if you don't win breed, you're done and have the rest of the day to horse around... con: it's friggin early! LOL Good luck!!!!

Eileen said...

It may not get you there faster, but it's much more FUN!! Face it, you are such a *grown up*, and they are just little kids. All you have to do is wait for them to mature. Only four years, you can do it *
snort*!
:D