Thursday, October 15, 2009

A wing and a prayer



Last night we had a visitor.  A good sized red tailed hawk. I think it was a youngster, based on its rather confused state.  We have lots of red tails in Minnesota and you often see them sitting on the light poles by the freeway, but not too often in the middle of the city in my yard.  He appeared flying very low, low enought that I could feel the draft from his wings as he flew over my head.  He hung out for a while on the overhead wires, letting me take his picture a few times. then gave me a nod as if to say goodbye and off he went.  He was rather calm, but just his presence makes me wonder if he is OK?  I hope so.

Sorry the pictures are dark, it was a very grey overcast day.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Wow, I hope he is okay. They are such beautiful creatures!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Beautiful photo

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Dawn, if you send me your email, I can send you some info on sewing the denim quilt

Holly said...

What a stunning creature. I do hope he is ok.