Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rally practice

Well, Sunday may be interesting.  I have tried practicing with Grace a bit this week, on and off.  At home she is heeling nicely, but of course its on leash as we really have no where to practice, off leash other than in the house.  I am too nervous about her deciding to run off to let her off leash outside. The last time she decided to play keep away, she toured our neighborhood quite extensively, and was not too cautious in the process.  Living smack dab in the middle of South Minneapolis, that is a lot of traffic, a lot of people and none of them as concerned for her as I am.

However, I did remember she would need to do a jump and then return to heel, so we got out the jump.  She was so happy to see the jump, I couldn't keep her away from it.  I think she is trying to tell me she wants to do more agility really. On the plus side she did confidently go out and over it and return to me, well after 5 or 6 times of racing around the house and zooming over and over it- a couple of times it looked like she was clearing 16 inches she was so exuberant. Once she settled back into the heeling the jump was good. 

We are going to go to TCOTCs open ring time on Friday, where I will get a true picture of where we are at.  Although with Grace, its never a certainty.  Love that goofy girl!

No comments: