Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Stir Crazy Dogs

My dogs are going crazy. Its been so cold, they don't want to be outside, yet they don't want to be inside either. Last night we must have been in and out 10 times an hour, for 3 minutes a time. Grace is the least cold hardy-she will be fine then moments later she is on her belly refusing to move. I am thinking about trying booties for them all as it seems to be cold feet that is the most problematic.  Anyone tried booties? Will your corgis keep them on? 

If they knock over one more thing inside, they may permanently move out.....

4 comments:

Jules said...

Have you tried mushers secret? I know that helps Bug. He could NEVER wear booties - just wouldn't tolerate them. Ike has some. He hates them, but seems to understand they serve a purpose when it is cold and snowy!

zara said...

We got boots for ziggy last year. He hates them. Also because of the way his front feet splay out they have a tendency to fly off if they're not super tight and if they are super tight then they are uncomfortable. I find that when he has them on I'm constantly watching his feet to make sure he hasn't thrown one off.

They do work though. He hates the cold and is constantly picking up his feet and looking super pathetic when he doesn't have them on.

Crystal (Thompson) Barrera said...

I've had a hard time finding booties that fit Maisy. I found a pair of fleece booties that worked well (bought them at Pet Junction in... wherever that is. 694 and Rice Street), but they wore out quickly. Then I made a set from fleece and waterproof nylon. They've held up pretty well so far. It's amazing how much more willing Maisy is to go out when she's got those on.

Lani said...

I've used Musher's secret on the Cardis, and it does seem to help, but it's a bit of a mess to put on.

I'm debating booties for Maggie - she seems to do more poorly in the cold than the others. If you try booties, please post to let us know how it goes!