Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Back to training ramblings

Tonight Magic and I are going to venture back to some obedience training, and try to figure out some happy heeling. Most of the various things I have tried with him, work about once, then he is back to hating it. I want him to get his CDX, but that is hard to do when he refuses to heel off leash.
I am trying to decide if I am going to enter Magic in UKC rally. Part of me wants to, but then part of me says why? He already has his AKC RE, and APDT RL1, do we need another venue? But, he likes rally, he likes when I talk to him and we are having fun with the various stations. We are going to be at the show for the weight pull, maybe we should play at Rally? Its the straight boring heeling patterns he doesn't like. I don't know, I have mixed feelings about entering him in another venue for rally. I would love to enter him in the APDT rally trial and go for his RL2, but that trial always seems to conflict with other stuff as well. That weekend there is conformation in lacrosse and local AKC agility that I want to do. I guess I have to sit down and figure out what is more important to me- Peaces conformation or Magics other stuff, local or having to travel?
I was hoping that if I put all this down the answers would come to me-not so far though.

1 comment:

penni said...

I've started figuring out what I'm going to do with dogs by making two lists. One is by the events or titles that I really like (or want to earn), and the second is by how much it will cost. Sometimes the things I really enjoy aren't so enjoyable when I see the expense -- and sometimes they still are. So, for what it's worth, that's how I decide.

BTW, I have a new blog address http://ElyanCardigans.com