Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rally this weekend

This weekend we are going to try for Grace's 2nd leg in Rally Advanced. In Rochester the jump kind of threw her, but that really was my fault as we had only practiced with a bar jump and the panel was intimidating. So we have practiced that a bit this week. Grace is a girl that pretty much does what she wants to do, so it will be interesting to see which dog gets to the trial that day, the one who earned a 71 score or the one who earned a 98? She can, and has, gone either way!

It will also be fun as a couple of friends will be trying thier first attempts at Rally with thier cardi's. I really hope they have a good time, as I am hoping they will want to do the APDT rally in January with me. The more corgis, the merrier I think.

In thinking about the APDT trial, this year they are also doing some St. Huberts Obedience that same weekend. I am thinking that maybe that would be a good first trial for Siren. She will still be pretty young, so that environment where I can reward her in the ring would be motivating I think. She is such a funny girl, I love working with her. Well, I guess I really better get a training schedule going for all of them, so maybe I will be better at actually getting out and working them.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Spencer *should* get his RAE2 this weekend. I didn't enter Scout because she *should* have gone into season by now!!!!!

Jules said...

Good luck!