Sunday, July 6, 2008

Time goes by

Way to quickly sometimes. The pups are 8 weeks old today. Soon they will be leaving to go to their new homes. I can't even begin to think about it. Don't want to, really. The problem I am having is that I love all the pups way too much. Yes, I know some of them are not destined for the show ring, which was one of my goals with this litter, and I should focus on selecting one of those pups. I don't want to decide, it feels almost traitorous. If it weren't for wanting a show pup, the decision would be easy! Well maybe not.

Anyway- yesterday was a big day again, we had a check-up, our first shots and they all got microchipped. Argh, big vet bill, but as hoped they are all healthy little ones. Then we went to Diana's and had some playtime with all those corgis, as well as picture time. We played with toys, the big dogs, and we got to run the big dog walk. Well, some of the pups were more excited by the dogwalk than others, but they all tried it out. I think Reba could be an agility superstar-no fear or hesitation in that girl at all.

Today, we stayed home but had lots of visitors. And then this afternoon we were asked to help with a photo shoot, so a photographer took lots of pictures of us. Hopefully, they got the picture they were hoping for. They said they would give me some prints, so that would be nice. If not, it was good fun, although it was pretty hot outside.

6 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

again, you could send little reba to me....LOVE HER!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can see these would all be so easy to love.

dreameyce said...

Oh man, look at little Reba! So cute on that dog walk! (I think Wicca NEEEDS a little red headed sister!)

Jules said...

Great pics. I can't imagine the angst of letting them go and placing them in the right home. Reba is a cutie. Maybe Magic needs another performance sister?

Dawn said...

I would love to keep Reba, of the entire litter she is my favorite. Unfortunately, I was hoping for a conformation puppy and I don't think she will be one. I live in the city and can only have 3 dogs, so I can only keep one pup. But truthfully its killing me the thought of letting her go.

The people who want her live very close to me, so I will get to see her, but it won't be the same. The attitude that girl has...

manymuddypaws said...

is she going to a performance home?