Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 recap and a look toward 2013

I have such mixed feelings about this last year. We had some really incredible moments, and some very difficult and sad moments.  Last year at this time, I had set a few goals, some were met, some not, but overall the Daybreake crew exceeded my wildest imaginings.

Sadly though, we lost Grace in October.  It was a low point of the year. Up until she started to fail, she had a good year. Just the weekend before, she had been playing in both agility and conformation and had a wonderful weekend.  She will never be forgotten, she gave me so much. She taught me patience, she taught me persistence, she taught me joy. She was always herself, and taught me to be myself, no matter what.  While physically she is gone, she lives on in her daughters and in our hearts.

Some highlights this year:
Siren earned the first NW1 title in Minnesota, and passed her ORT for level 2.
Peace earned an International championship
Grace earned 2 agility titles, TG1 and TBAD, as well as a few qualifying runs in other organizations.
Bentley picked up another leg towards her Grand Championship with a group 1 just a week after she came to us.
Wash earned his first point toward his championship.
Magic was amazing, earning first his UROC and UACH at Premier, then his UROG at a local show and his UACHX at Gateway. We earned 5 high in trial in Rally. We picked up several other agility titles and his AKC CA. But the most unusual would be the day he earned his NDD-Novice Draft Dog from the Bernese Mountain Dog Club.  Pretty fun playing with the big dogs.

Looking forward I have a few goals, of course these are just things to work toward.  For Magic I really would like to earn his CDX, and to continue to work toward the various agility championships.  Yes I admitted it I would like to try to to earn another championship.  For Peace, I am hoping for the chance to finish her UKC grand championship. For Siren and Wash a beginner novice obedience title. NW2 for Rinnie would be nice, but it will depend on availability and travel dollars.  Also for Wash, I hope to work toward his conformation championship. For Bentley we will be training but she will hopefully work toward her UKC Grand Championship also.

Remember when I mentioned wildest dreams??  Well how about Bentley winning Winners Bitch at the White GSD National, or Wash earning his BN at the Cardi National? Dreams are OK right?

From all of us at Daybreake, we wish you success, joy, peace and love for the New Year.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Happy New Year! My your new year hold joy and success toward your goals!