Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Native Performance Dog Food - Part 1

A couple of weeks ago, I received an email asking me if I would be willing to try and review the new dog food Native Performance.  For my participation I would be sent a bag of food and all I needed to do was review it.  I agreed to give it a try.  They asked which formula would best fit our dogs, and I selected the Energy Level 2.  My crew are pretty active, for city dogs, and this formula felt like the best fit for us. A week or so later we received a large bag in the mail.

The corgi crew have been eating this food now for about a week and a half.  They all love the food, even Grace who can be rather particular. (Note, unlike the other dogs, due to her condition, Grace is not able to be on this full time, but I wanted to see if she would eat it. Since she does like it we may try the highest calorie version for her down the road.)

Its early in the test, but so far I am rather pleased with what I am noticing.   Of the 3 dogs who are eating this exclusively I am noticing slightly smaller poops, with much less stink to them. Siren has a tendency to be gassy on kibble, but I am not noticing any significant gas so far.  All 3 dogs are doing well weight wise.

The biggest change I am noticing is that they all seem to have a bit more energy. We have had major play sessions since being on this food.  And the sessions are longer and more vigorous. Even after 2 days of agility they came home and still played for hours.  Now can I say for sure its the food, no, as the weather has been pretty nice lately and the daylight hours have increased, but even Darryl noticed enough of an energy change to make a comment about it.

We haven't gone through the whole bag yet, but so far I am rather happy with the results.

Note-while I am not being paid for this review, we were provided with the food free of cost.

No comments: