Sunday, December 20, 2009

Tricks

A quiet weekend just spent trying to get all the holiday stuff done.  Magic and I did start working on a new trick. I am asking him to push a box across the floor with his nose.  It only took 2 sessions for him to understand the concept, now we are working on distance. Next I am thinking about teaching him to put things into a box, but I am still thinking about that one. I have been working really hard trying to get him to hold and carry the dumbell, or a toy without dropping it and am not sure if teaching this right now is a good idea.

Otherwise, the dogs have enjoyed the relatively decent winter weather with lots of playtime outside.  Gotta love that. Except for when Grace went between Kazin and the fence and got peed on. Oh well.

1 comment:

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck said...

that sounds great! Tricks are just so much fun :) I never worried though about confusing my dogs with the formal obedience retrieve and putting toys away. Beside the obvious context of the box, I reward and practice the formal one much more so it's my dogs' default behavior with an object.