Sunday, June 22, 2008

Agility Sunday

Well it was another rather good day. I love the floor surface at Soccer Blast, it's an indoor soccer field. The surface is astroturf over some kind of flooring with some give to it. Usually I hurt a fair bit after a weekend of 12 runs and working some classes, but tonight my body knows we worked, but its tolerable. Magic and 1 again earned 4 Q's today, but yeah-no huge fly offs. In our jumpers run, I didn't trust that he would stay with me so I front crossed him to sort of block the off course jump, which threw him off, and in trying to bring him back to me he back jumped the jump. Our weavers run was the one that really confused me, I thought we had it, and while his weaves were slow (walking) I thought we pulled it off, so seeing the NQ in the results had me stumped. Several hours later when I was still trying to figure it out, I asked the judge who was very nice. Apparently Magic entered on the wrong side of the weaves. I was slightly in front of him, and missed the entry. The judge said that he was really sorry as that particular run of weaves was his smoothest and cleanest. Oh well, mystery solve. But, the weaves are coming out tomorrow and we are going to work hard on them this week. We have AKC next week and I am really hoping for some good runs.
All in all a great weekend, I hadn't realized how much I was missing agility until we started again.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Sounds like you had an enjoyable weekend with your boy. Congrats on your new title!