Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Whats next?

Maybe CPE.  Magic and I did one day of a CPE agility trial a couple of years ago, so he has a few Qs in level one.  He earned his level 1 F title, but with just running the one day, he needs more Q's in other courses to complete that level.  There is a CPE trial coming up, but its the same weekend as the last conformation show for the year in Minnesota.

And then there is APDT rally coming again. Both Magic and Grace earned level 1 titles, so could go on to level 2. Magic earned an award of excellence with his, but since his off leash heeling is so sucky, I cannot expect that in level 2. 

Apparently I suck at teaching heeling because none of the dogs like to heel much.  Oh well, so an OTCH is not in our future, I guess I can live with that.  Of course I suck at agility too, so no chance of a MACH, NATCH etc there either.  Hmm, what do we do well?   Not much really, but usually good enough to get by, and I guess it could be worse.

4 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

as long as you and your dogs are having fun it doesn't matter. :o) do what is fun, and eventually it will come together!

Jules said...

Try CPE again - it is a lot of fun and very low-key. Perhaps there is a CATCH in your future!

Kaye said...

I personally hate the heeling comand, so I tend not to put emphasis on it, which means my dogs are not good at it either!! Find things that you enjoy, then your dogs will enyoy it with you, don't put too much weight on the letters!

Jeri said...

I agree with manymuddypaws...as long as you're having fun it doesn't matter what you're doing! :)