Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Training plans

So maybe if I write down the things I need to work on, we will get to them in the next 2 weeks. And I am going to try to post our progress or lack.

Grace- learn the GO command so she can go ahead of me more than one jump. Also, to the side - her first trial is in 12 days and she is only entered in FAST since we haven't learned weaves.

Magic - Begin teaching a left and a right, continue to work on weave entries, and try to set up 12. Also, start pull training.

Siren - Understanding Stay! Working on attention in lots of settings and a little heeling, making it fun, but no real pressure.

Peace- Attention Attention Attention.

So tonight, Grace and I worked on sending to one jump. She will go maybe 5 feet ahead of me, but not much further yet. We ended our session with a jackpot at the one time she went over the second jump without a ton of coaxing. (Note, she will run with me, I am trying for separation for the send) Magic worked on stay while Grace worked. Both Peace and Rinnie got some attention work, rewards for just paying attention.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

That's a great way to get your brain wrapped around what you need to do! Guess I need to take the hint and do the same. Thanks for the suggestion and good luck on getting your to-do's done.