Thursday, March 25, 2010

Peace learns a new trick, or How to kill Mom

Last fall we put up a 3 foot fence to try to keep the corgis out of part of the yard once spring came to try to save some portion of the remaining grass.  Well, over the winter Peace  learned to leap the 3 foot fence. (Note to self, dont even bother next fall)  In the process of all of this, she had managed to bend the top down a bit so it flops over and makes it shorter, but a bit wider.this made access for all 5 dogs.  No problem for the athletic corgis, jumping in, but for some reason sometimes Peace pretends like she can't jump out. Might have something to do with not wanting to, because I have seen her go both ways many times.  The new trick is she comes to the side of the fence and jumps into your arms to lift her over.

Well that was the trick until last night.  Last night Peaceful decided to leap over the fence with a running start into waiting Moms chest, knocking her right off her feet. Imagine landing smack on your butt with 30+ pounds of dog careening into you. Knocked the breath out of me, knocked my head on the ground, then she proceeded to do a happy dance on my chest while licking my face.  I bet the neighbors loved that one. Oh I hurt today!

7 comments:

Red Dog Mom said...

Peace is definitely related to Sam. The mountain goat tendencies come from that side of the family. Sam occasionally thought about leaping into my arms too - thank goodness he never did!

Sharrie said...

That gave me a great laugh until it hurt when she hit you with a running start. Boy, I wonder what I am in for with my boys. It sounds like I am going to have to put up a stockade fence to keep them in. BUT.....they are just little dogs. Hope your pains leave quickly.

Jules said...

oh my goodness! I am glad you are okay.

Jeri said...

I said "ooof" just reading about it. :) Glad you're ok!

penni said...

No photos? Shucks!

M.T. said...

OUCH!!!! I can only imagine the pain on impact ... that has got to be the most creative "Maim/Injure/Knockout/Kill My Owner" move yet that i've read about so far :p

Jamie BF said...

Griffin definitely got the mountain goat-gene as well! His problem is not looking before he leaps (once it was right on top of poor Morgan). :)