Thursday, September 16, 2010

Good News, Bad News

First the good, Magics vet called and the initial report is back from the pathology.  The tumors are not malignant.  The lab is doing further testing to see if they can tell if these are immune mediated. There is a strong possibility that these could be related to some auto immune issues.  So maybe more info to follow, but for now the definate decision is to leave the tumor(s) alone unless they cause him issue.  So far so good.

The bad, Jade my little parrotlet with the large tumor in her abdomen took a turn for the worse. Tuesday night I noticed she was a little slow and breathing even harder.  Last night she was not able to perch and sleep. She could still climb around and was active, but we knew she was near the end. Then today she was not looking cheery anymore so it was time.  I was able to hold her as she passed at the vet and I hope she felt the love at the end.  We buried her and planted a flower over her tonight.

Now I am really hoping that the bad is over for a while.

5 comments:

penni said...

Dawn, I am so sorry about your little bird. I'm sure she felt the love. Great news about Magic -- and hopefully that is the end of the news for him.

coopercreek said...

Keeping Magic in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm very sorry about your sweet, little bird.

Jules said...

I am so happy to hear Magic's bumps are benign! That is wonderful.

I am very sorry about Jade. You took such exquisite care of her - she had a very happy space with you. I am sorry for your loss.

Holly said...

I am so sorry about Jade. But I am very happy to read that Magic does not have cancer. Thank G-d for that! ((hugs))

M.T. said...

Just got caught up on all the blogs i follow -- so sorry about Jade :( It's good that she was able to be in your arms.

Glad to hear the good news re: Magic though!!!

Hang in there, after such a rough patch in the last little while, you deserve a truckload of GOOD!