Sunday, April 3, 2011

Training Plan, adding in Flyball

This weekend I sat down and created a training plan.  I have a hard time going beyond generalities, so this is a stretch for me.  I am not sure how this will work as I tend to blow off schedules, but I am going to give it a try.
One change to the plan will be the addition of flyball practices on Sundays.  I met with the team today and I felt really comfortable with them.  They are a friendly group and it seems like their style will mesh well with mine.  I loved the fact that they are very diverse, all sorts of dogs playing and having fun.   Sort of the play with what you have mentality which I appreciate. There is quite the variety of dogs, some all americans, labs, a sheltie,  IG's and a pekenese. There are more who were not there today, but it seemed like a really fun bunch. They have dogs in all levels of training which is wonderful  So next weekend Magic and I will go to practice and see how that goes. Can't wait.

4 comments:

K-Koira said...

Thats so awesome. Hope you guys have fun with your first practice with the group.

And don't worry, I blow off schedules all the time too. Just because I wrote it down, does not mean I will actually do it.

penni said...

Schedules? Well, life sometimes gets in the way. Dogs seem to love flyball -- I'm sure Magic will.

Patty said...

Good luck with the team practice. Hope you both enjoy it!

Sophie and I started with a class and then were recruited to a team. That was over 3 years ago and we love it!!!

Lani said...

I can relate to the need for a training plan. There's just so much to train and so little time. I tend to function better if I have an idea of what I want to work on for the week. Otherwise I just end up working on what's fun (i.e. the stuff my dogs do well already....).

Have fun with your new flyball team!