Sunday, September 14, 2008

Saturday In Rochester

Well, I have to say that Saturday was a hoot. Marla, Grace's breeder was up here visiting and showing with her was a riot. We learned alot and laughed all day and well into the evening. In the breed ring, as I expected Grace didn't do anything, but really she is still missing quite a bit of hair. And in all honesty I only took her for fun.
The best part of the day was that Diana's boy, Dandy finished his championship. He picked up a nice 4 point major with his BOW win, which means he finished with 3 majors and a few smaller wins. (hey, I actually put one point on him this spring.) Garrett's girl Zoe got the girl points. her breeder was there as well and was very happy, I think the whole building heard her scream of excitement!
Then came Brace obedience. I have been practicing with them together, and they did a pretty good job, with a few problems, but nothing horrible. If it were a regular class we wouldnt have passed, but it was good experience and that is what I wanted there.
Then we had Magic in Graduate Novice. He earned a 182.5 if I remember correctly. I knew he would have issues with heeling and he did. I worried he woudl have issues with mouthing and dropping the dumbell but he didnt so that was good. All recalls were good, although overall he really shows that he doesnt care for obedience.
In the Rally Advanced ring, though Grace certainly showed Marla just what a character she can be! Let's just say it was not a steller performance, but heck I am not complaining. Grace hasn't been out since before she was bred and she was super happy to be out. She refused the jump both tries, and I realized that she hadn't ever seen a panel jump so that was my fault totally. At home we practice with bars, and when she was at agility training last winter, we didnt have panels there either as it was the winter site. Then after that she was squirrelly, jumping up to bump me and being a goof. But she did all the other excercises and once she calmed herself down finished nicely. We managed a mercy Q, and actually got 4th place beating the other 71 point finisher for 4th place. (she and I laughed and laughed together afterward too). Kind of wish I had pictures of this one as she was being goofy because you sure could see that she was enjoying herself immensely.
After the show, a bunch of us got together and laughed and ate and had a really good time. Its so much fun when you have a group of really great people together.

6 comments:

Janet said...

Sounds like yall had alot of fun. You are a very brave woman to do brace! I hope to try that with Scout and Spencer one day.

We had a cardi party here in Chattanooga too. Heidi and Laura stayed at my house for the show here this weekend.

coopercreek said...

Congrats on the Q, and glad you had a good time. That makes it all worthwhile.

Dawn said...

OH how fun! Someday I hope the stars align correctly and I can afford the National. I would love to meet all of you.

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

hey it was really nice to see you and have a few minutes to chat and see the pups and Magic and Grace! I was wondering what time you got out of rally and brace....Erica got out pretty late and she was excused LOL. poor girl!

It was really fun to see everyone from the upper midwest there, wasn't it? we should all do it more often.

Jules said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a very fun day regardless of Qs.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like y'all had a great weekend even with out breed wins. Congrats.