Friday, October 21, 2011

Happiness

I had a quick email conversation with another dog breeder this week and we both commented about how we are so broke we would love to do or get something but can't. Why am I mentioning this, well because although we both have an area in our lives where something is lacking, that was just a quick comment. It was quickly followed with the thought that that was OK that we couldn't do whatever, we both have what we need.  We have our homes and our families, we are able to feed them, even if sometimes its ramen noodles, we have our dogs and we are happy. And she has beautiful puppies to make her smile.

And I am happy. Although there have been periods in my life where I hade more, more money, fancy clothes, a nice car I don't remember being happier in those times.  Although life is never perfect, you can be happy with less. I think that noticing and thinking about the things that are good can help cement the good feelings inside.

3 things that made me happy are 1. Graces happy prancing heeling.  2. Making 2 socks at once on a circular needle  3. Getting snuggles from a 28 gram bird.

What 3 things made you happy this week?  Please share your joy!

1 comment:

Tin Roof said...

One of my favorite quotes is -

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; They just make the most of everything they have.