Friday, February 20, 2009

My first sweater


I have a new grandbaby due anytime now. I decided to try my hand at a baby sweater. We don't know the sex yet, but my son is a huge vikings fan, so we decided to go with sort of vikings colors. In reality the sweater is a bit duller than the picture shows. Even if its a girl, she can be a foot ball fan, besides it will only fit a short time because its pretty small. I couldn't figure out how to knit the button band, at least not correctly, so I crocheted it. Its not perfect, but for my first sweater I am pretty happy with it. Being self taught, I know that there are a lot of things I need to learn to do better, but at least I tried. Now the sweater is done, baby COME!

7 comments:

Jules said...

How cute!! Congratulations on the expected new arrival.

Traci said...

hats off to you! All i can manage (being self taught) are scarves!! :) It's super cute, and congrats on the new baby in the family :)

Sherilyn said...

Too cute! When is the new arrival due? Congrats on the first grandbaby! :) How exciting!!!

Cindy said...

I'm bringing down needles and yarn to Topeka--I seriously want to learn to crochet! Can I bribe you out of a lesson or two? I used to know how to knit, but that was years ago-humm, we need to talk!

Very very cute sweater and even he or she can't wear it long, it's a great save for a baby memory box. Congrats on the soon to be grandbaby.

Dawn said...

Thanks everyone. The baby was due Tuesday. If nothing by next Tuesday they will induce.
Cindy I would be willing to show you what I know, but i am totally self taught, except I wont be going to Topeka.(its killing me but I cant)

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

I am so jealous of your abilities! I cannot knit, crochet or spin so desperately need to know! This just makes me want to get my fleeces cleaned and sent off to get turned into roving and yarn ASAP!

what a cute sweater...anyone should be happy to have such a thoughtful item for their baby!

Cindy said...

Bummer, we'll miss you there! Just tell me the next show you plan on and I'll pack my stuff!!

Hugs and good luck to the grandbaby to be this week-hope he/she is on time.