Monday, September 3, 2012

Keeping BUSY!

I haven't been posting much but I have been rather busy lately.  Wash is taking to his classes fabulously. In fact Wash takes to everything fabulously.  This weekend we had several firsts including staying in a hotel, riding in an elevator, crossing a footbridge, and peering over the side, and hunting crickets.

Magic Wash and I traveled to Ixiona WI with our friend Tracie and her GSD's to play at a UKC agility trial.  Wash handled the hanging out and meeting new dogs very well.  Magic and I ran 12 runs of agility.  4 AG1 runs, 4 Q's (200 3rd, 200 3rd, 199 4th, 198 No placement) 4 AG2 runs 4 Q's (198 3rd, 199 4th, 200 3rd, 200 1st) and AG3 (NQ, 200 3rd, 198 4th, NQ).  It was our first time running AG3 and it was fun, but I made some mistakes. In AG3 there are portions of the course where the judge tells you you have to handle from a certain side, and while we were able to do that it made me a little nervous I think which might explain why I had some brain farts in planning my paths.

Overall Magic and I lost most of our points at the teeter, it was a really lightweight aluminum one and the bounce was awful, he went off the side.  I'm not sure how to train for that, since I don't really have access to a teeter like that.


No comments: